Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Growing cities

I am still in Pune and the climate here is excellent for holidaying. I keep thinking how my friends here are managing to study for their exams.
As the title suggests this post would talk about urbanization.....
Pune has seen many developmental activity recently. The widening of the old Mumbai-Pune highway has resulted in cutting of trees on the highway. Though I feel this highway has more tees than others that I have seen. But still I could feel something missing.
Another problem due to lots of construction work has been the rising amount of dust in the surrounding. I have to clean my laptop almost daily. That is the reason I dont like traveling and roaming around the city. Also the chances of accidents tend to increase due to the ongoing construction work. The barricades used are placed in such a way as to complicate driving on road.
One cannot blame the system alone, System is formed by the components and when each component is working efficiently only then the system stability is assured. We, Indians have a tendency to blame the system all the time. Right from a school student to retired person everyone finds fault in the people around them. It is high time we realize the importance of working in unison and help ourselves. That way we will not only have a happy society but also empower ourselves and become better individuals.
I hope not making this post a bore... It is as important as India reaching 10% GDP growth.
One should chase material goals, but not at the cost of losing one's peace of mind..
I would end here with one of my favourite quotes:

"The most important human endeavor is the striving for morality in our actions. Our inner balance and even our very existence depend on it. Only morality in our actions can give beauty and dignity to life." -- Albert Einstein

No comments: