Thursday, August 21, 2008

Random Musings

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveler, long I stood

And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,

And having perhaps the better claim,

Because it was grassy and wanted wear;

Though as for that the passing there

Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay

In leaves no step had trodden black.

Oh, I kept the first for another day!

Yet knowing how way leads on to way,

I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost


In my last post I said I would blog everyday. But that is too Utopian.

The last few days were like complete dry days (not in the sense of alcohol but with respect to ideas). It was like one of those few patches where ideas were hard to find. And whatever I could think to blog was too personal. Well, I am kind of coy person and many would feel I am shy when you have a conversation with me. But the best part is I can blog about "What to blog?" and so I move from my physical introvert character to a complete extrovert online being.

I have started the post by one of my favorite poems. I don't remember when I had first seen this poem in school, but I do remember that I understood nothing from it the first time. Now when I understand the power of choice the poem has much more significance. A song which is in tune with the theme and also one of my favorites "The boulevard of broken dreams" by Green Day.

Now with the continuous net connectivity in F Hostel (except when there is a power cut for a few minutes) many of my friends have taken up blogging. And some of my friends always wonder about my persistent online availability on GTalk/Yahoo Messenger. The past two weeks was complete addiction to www surfing sites like tfd.com, freerice.com, NY Times, WSJ, TOI, looking for bloggers with same interests as mine, watching olympics on You Tube, ad infinitum. That has now been under check and with the sessional test coming up next week I hope it remains so.

As I was about to end this post this is what I find on my Orkut home page........

Today's fortune: You and your partner will be happy in your life together


No comments: